“ How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Tropic Chic

I desperately need your opinion!  
I want to show you this fabulous dress I bought!  I fell in love with it at the store. 
I got it to wear at my husband's Turning Blue Basic Training ceremony.  

The only problem is that my husband is not a huge fan of maxi dresses.
(Apparently not enough leg showing for him I guess!)
So, as you can see, I am torn
Do you think this dress is stunning enough on me to wear it regardless? 




This is slightly amusing and awkward...but I have to make sure I look good because I am apparently up for nomination as best looking wife/girlfriend in the company!  
My husband wants that bragging right!  
So I need your honest opinion!
Is the dress to 'beach resort/loud' to wear normally?

(Notice my lovely Hibiscus bushes blooming in the background!)

(Also, you can't tell in this photo but I just recolored my hair to a beautiful intense copper!)

12 comments:

  1. Liz, I LOVE the dress! You look great!!

    Is the ceremony out doors? If it is outdoors, in beautiful sunny GA, then I think it would be perfect.

    By the way, you should tell Justin to keep an eye out for an Army man for me! ;)

    xoxo See you SO SOON!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...To bad you weren't staying an extra week! You could just come with me and meet one for yourself! :)

      Delete
    2. Hmmm... thats a great idea!
      ;)

      Delete
  2. I think it's beautiful and that you look GREAT in it :)
    I'm not sure how ceremonies like that are...if they're super dressy, no..but if it's more casual, then ABSOLUTELY!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should clarify...it is a morning ceremony outdoors...so I want to look elegant but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE this dress, of course I've already told you that. I think I'll have to borrow it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES!! YES YES!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, I think the dress looks lovely, but why don't you put up a picture of your alternative (for my brother's sake) and we can vote!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha...good idea Sarah...but I have numerous alternatives! I will narrow them down and get a second vote!

      Delete
  7. AWSOME post:) I thank you for sweet words on my blog:)
    Im in love with the magic background of your blog...like a magic fairy tail:)
    I wish you a awsome weekend.

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis

    ReplyDelete
  8. AWWW thank you so much for your little story about living in the country:) It really made my day to give you inspiration. I miss my childhood house were I grew up, I went there every summer. Im gonna rent me a red cottage soon I think..to live in during summer in Sweden.
    I wish you a great week and come back to visit me soon:)

    LOVE Maria at inredningsvis

    ReplyDelete