“ How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Pure Joy

Joy

a) An Intense and especially ecstatic or exultant happiness.  b) The expression or manifestation of such feeling.  c) To take great pleasure; rejoice.  d)  To fill with ecstatic happiness, pleasure, or satisfaction.   


That is what I felt when I got the call yesterday from Justin...pure joy! 
I almost missed it (it was during the 5 min I left my phone in the other room), but thankfully he called my brother-in-law's phone who was next to me!  I had all these things I wanted to ask him but as soon as I heard his voice my brain went blank.  I was just so happy to hear his voice!  To know he was ok and sounded positive.  We only had 10 minutes to talk.  It seemed like we had just said hello when he said he had to go, and that he loved me, then silence.  I cried after hanging up.  
The tears were a mix of joy, sadness, love, heartbreak...I just felt so overwhelmed with emotions. 
The neatest thing in all of this is that the phone call came on our engagement/dating anniversary.  February 18th is when we started dating 8 years ago, and 6 years ago it is when he proposed to me!  So to have him call on that exact day after not hearing his voice for over a month....was wonderful to say the least!


Not long after the phone call a letter came in the mail so that really helped to keep my spirits up!  It was such a sweet letter, and made me want to write him back immediately!  I also watched our wedding video, and wrote another 3 pages regarding my thoughts and realizations after watching our wedding again.  He has always been such a wonderful loving husband to me, and I have taken him for granted way to often! I never want to take another kiss, hug, touch, or act of kindness for granted again!  We wast so much time being selfish, prideful, or being just plain stupid!



Justin was only 21 when we got married, but he has never failed to be a loving husband!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I have so much to rejoice for, but do I show joy through my attitude and life?  I want my joy to shine out and be contagious!

Here are a few simple pleasures that bring me joy in my life!

Going Barefoot
  
Sunshine on my skin

Summertime

Gardening

The Ocean

My husband...

 ...who always keeps me laughing even when I don't want to!
 How can I not laugh at such craziness?
 (forgive my dogs alien eyes...bad camara)
 I never know what he might do next! 

Think about the little things that give you joy, and the big reasons you have to rejoice!  I promise you there are many if you look for them!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post, Elle! HUGS!
    That's always happens - you wait & wait for a call and then it's when you're showering or something that it comes. Haha. Glad you didn't miss it :)
    Love your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really not sure why you miss him so much he's so weird!!
    JUST KIDDING!
    He's fun, goofy, and loves you very much. I can't wait till you get to see him, I'm sure it'll be a wonderful reunion!!

    ReplyDelete