“ How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Afternoon Garden Delights

Well so much for getting all my fall decorations up! Instead I spent the afternoon outside potting flowers. At least I got something accomplished! I guess I will just have to decorate tomorrow. In the mean time here are some photos of my handiwork outside...

I can't remember what these are called, but I love how colorful they are!
 Palm, Croton, & Kalanchoe
 Soon these will be edible lemons!
 I just bought these lovely yellow mums today!
 I love how bright and cheery they are! (Those are my dirty feet in the picture!)
 I love how the sunlight peaks through my trees in the afternoon...so beautiful.

 Do you keep a flower garden? Mine are all in pots because I am still renting, but someday I want a beautiful large garden to enjoy my afternoons in!

2 comments:

  1. *Gasp* You have a lemon tree?!?! I'm sooo jealous! I've always wanted one! I want more details about that!

    Your plants look wonderful! I had a flower bed... last fall I planted mums, they died. This summer I planted like 12 geraniums. They died. (Only 3 left and they are sad looking) I had two hibiscus trees/plants. One died. All I have left are some marigolds - which I'm convinced they only lived because marigolds are practially weeds. Thankfully I have one hibiscus tree left and it blooms pretty often. I've given up spending much on flowers since I kill them all. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha...I'm pretty sure mums are annuals so it would be expected they die. Same with Geraniums. I had 3 Geraniums that bloomed all summer, and just died a couple of weeks ago...but I got them so cheap and they lasted so long I was happy...it was their time to go!
    My Hibiscus trees are not surviving this drought very well! Forgot to take pics of them because they are in my courtyard!

    ReplyDelete