“ How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, who bring glad tidings of good things!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Married to the Military

As of yesterday I officially became a military wife! My husband signed up for the Army National Guard.  I am so proud of him for doing what he feels is his duty, but it doesn't make it easy. Next spring he will be leaving for 6 months of training! That is scary considering we have never been away from each other longer than a couple of weeks!

I can't imagine how hard it will be to say goodbye to him for such a long time...

This is a such a great prayer/quote that I think I will memorize it!

 An adorable vintage photo of a couple reunited!

I've always loved the military fashion trend so here are some fabulous examples of that look!

I just LOVE thier boots!

I actually have an olive military hat like this.




 
I know the military trend was last year, but I still plan on bringing out some of those pieces this fall!

3 comments:

  1. Oh Liz! That is some news! I hope you find your strength as a military wife (if you haven't already). You know how I feel about that, I am very thankful for the time I had with my 'then' military man... the reward that you have been waiting for out weighs all the stress and hardship. Just stay positive and grow as an anchor, a wife and best friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mattie. I have a complete peace about this. I know he is being led to do this and I need to stand by him and support him through this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love vintage military photos. They are so romantic! You should recreate some!! The military style is also awesome!! Glad Justin is finally able to do this!

    ReplyDelete